So I went to a CSS presentation given by Eric Meyer
last night ad Tri-C West. Great presentation Eric! One thing he did a lot was switch between styled and unstyled pages, but he did this
in IE because IE has a preference for enabling/disabling stylesheets. Mozilla/Netscape doesn’t appear to have one. :-(
So, after some tinkering, with the help of the Preferences Toolbar, you can now have a “Toggle CSS” button.
- Once you’ve installed the PrefBar, click the “Customize” button on the right side of the PrefBar.
- Click the “New Item” button.
- In the New Item dialog box, under the Item Type dropdown menu, select “Button”
- In the Id text box, type “toggleCSS”
- In the Label text box, type “Toggle CSS”
- Hit “OK” to close all remaind dialog boxes.
Whala! You should now be able to toggle on/off the stylesheets in the link tags of each site.
A couple items to note. The code will only toggle link tags with rel=“Stylsheet” and media=“screen”, media=“all”, or no media specified.
I use Mozilla, so I’ve not tried the PrefBar in Netscape, but it should work. (Famous Last Words).
Here is the tabulated code for the curious: