Well, I decided to eat my own dog food, and install the
MTPingProxy patches on the live server. The install went without a hitch.
Once I opened up the firewall however, only the first of all pings made it out the door. Easy fix for once.
<samp> @LWP::Protocol::http::EXTRA_SOCK_OPTS = Addr => $localaddr, Reuse => 1 ); </samp>
Reuse => 1 part was the key. The
ip:port socket from the first ping wasn’t released for
the second ping could bind to that same IP:PORT I suspect this is a scope issue with each
LWP::UserAgent. This problem would’ve only effected people who used
instead of the recommnded
Now it’s time to fix my Trackback links. :-)