It’s always the stupid little things. I needed to finish an upgrade to Bind9 that I started a long time ago. I had stopped at the point that I needed to add an additional IP to the Slave DNS server so I could get “internal” and “external” views’ zone files.
I spent about 2 hours banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why zones weren’t transferring. See if you can spot my stupidity:
named_enable="YES" named_flags="-u bind -t /home/bind -c /etc/namedb/named.conf" named_program="/home/bind9/usr/named"
For the curious, I found the easiest direct approach to doing viewed zone transfers in Perl.com: Views in BIND 9.
Good fight. Good night.